- Validprime kit:
Control for genomic background
ValidPrime® replaces the need to perform no reverse transcriptase (RT(-)) controls to test for the presence of genomic DNA (gDNA) for all samples in your real-time quantitative PCR (qPCR) profiling. Just add the ValidPrime® assay to the list of assays and the gDNA control to the list of samples, and run. ValidPrime® will minimize the amount of control reactions and hence your costs as well as your efforts.
- Offers a cost-efficient alternative to RT(-) controls
- Accurately validates qPCR assays in terms of their sensitivity to gDNA
- Allows correction for gDNA-derived signals
- Reduces the need for DNase treatment
ValidPrime® is highly optimized and specific to a non-transcribed locus of gDNA that is present in exactly one copy per haploid normal genome. Therefore, ValidPrime® measures the number of genomic copies present in a sample and can be used:
- for normalization of samples to cell copy number
- as endogenous control for CNV applications
- as control for gDNA background in qPCR
For ValidPrime® Human, ValidPrime® Mouse, and ValidPrime® Vertebrate with gDNA, a gDNA standard is provided which can be used to test the sensitivity of qPCR assays for gDNA background. It is also possible to order ValidPrime® Vertebrate without gDNA.