rnaGEM Tissue Plus
The RNAGEM is the latest range of extraction kits developed by ZyGEM.
The kits come in two configurations depending on the need to remove DNA (the RNAGEM PLUS kits come with RNAse-free DNAse I). Both kits produce RNA that is suitable for direct use in a wide range of downstream applications. The first kit to be released in the range is RNAGEM Tissue.
Most methods for extracting RNA rely on solid-phase purification or solvent-based extraction and precipitation methods. Often, lysis is achieved using agents or enzymes that must be neutralised or removed from the solution before the nucleic acid is usable for analysis. Alternatively they require modification of the downstream RT-qPCR reagents to allow for the carry-over. This requirement can increase the number of manipulations and limit your reagent options. In the case of solid phase or solvent-based methods, the manipulations may introduce bias into the population of mRNAs in the final sample. Essentially, every step that occurs between sample and assay introduces the opportunity to deviate form biological reality.
RNAGEM was developed to offer a very rapid RNA extraction solution that minimises the level of manipulative bias that can adversely affect gene expression analysis. Unlike any other rapid prep kit, the RNA yielded by RNAGEM has been proteolytically treated, which significantly improves RT polymerase processivity, yielding more sensitive and more reproducible results - especially with low abundance mRNA transcripts.
- The ZyGEM protease rapidly degrades RNAse A and other RNA-degrading enzymes
- Closed–tube (protects sample integrity, minimises cross-contamination and improves bio-safety)
- Hands–off (saves labour costs and allows for high throughput batch processing)
- One-step (reduces the opportunity for processing to alter the biological composition of the sample)
- Easily automated (compatible with most low cost, off-the-shelf liquid handling robots)
- Optimal for small sample sizes and low cell numbers (with linear yields from 10 – 100,000 cells)
- Can be adapted for single-cell work
- Fast and easy. Compare the workflows of RNAGEM and Trizol.