Reference Gene Panel - Standard Assays
- Gene panels:
For all gene expression studies using qPCR, it is necessary to compensate for differences between samples due to material losses, differences in RT yields and PCR inhibition. Normalization should include a reference gene, but can also be complemented by identical sample-input amounts. The reference gene should have constant expression in all the samples compared. There is no universal control gene, expressed at a constant level under all conditions and in all tissues, hence the choice of reference gene should be validated for each new study.
The best way to choose the proper reference gene(s) is by running a panel of potential genes on a number of representative test samples. The most appropriate gene(s) for normalization are chosen in each case.
The reference genes that you chose can then be ordered in our webshop.
- Assays for 12 of the most common reference genes for gene expression studies
- Enough for 100 reactions per gene (25 μl qPCR reaction)
- Positive Control DNA
The Reference Gene Panels are available for Human, Mouse and Rat. Genes with varying cellular functions and expression levels have been selected to reduce the risk of using co-regulated genes. The primers have been designed to be exon-spanning where possible, and to give low levels of primer dimers.
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News 28 (2008)
- Manual_Human Reference Gene Panel Probe_v3.5
- Manual_Human Reference Gene Panel Sybr_v3.5
- Manual_Mouse Reference Gene Panel Probe_v4.2
- Manual_Mouse Reference Gene Panel Sybr_v4.2
- Manual_Rat Reference Gene Panel Probe_v1.3
- Manual_Rat Reference Gene Panel Sybr_v 1.3