For Whole Blood Sample Collection and Preservation of Cell-Free Circulating DNA
- Fixative-free preservative, no cross-linking of DNA
- Preserve cell-free DNA/circulating tumor DNA for 30 days at ambient temperature
- No plasma volume loss after shipping/transportation
- Prevent hemolysis allowing better separation of plasma
- Prevent apoptosis of blood cells and fragmentation of genomic DNA
- Produce high quality/quantity of plasma cf-DNA/ct-DNA
- Vacuumed to draw 8.3 mL of blood in 10 mL tubes
- PET tubes to avoid breakage during shipping & handling
cf-DNA Preservative Tubes
Norgen's cf-DNA Preservative Tubes are closed, evacuated plastic tubes for the collection and the preservation of cell-free circulating DNA/circulating tumor DNA in human whole blood samples during storage and shipping. Using these tubes in combination with Norgen's Plasma/Serum Cell-Free Circulating DNA Purification Kits or Norgen's Plasma/Serum Circulating DNA Purification Kits (Slurry Format) enables the purification and concentration of an inhibitor-free cell-free circulating DNA/circulating tumor DNA in a very small elution volume that is compatible with any downstream application.
This product is for research use only and not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Norgen's cf-DNA Preservative Tubes abridge the collection/processing of whole blood for the subsequent purification of cell-free circulating DNA. The cf-DNA Preservative Tubes preserve and inhibit the programmed cell-death (apoptosis) of the blood, hence preventing the release of intracellular DNA into plasma (see Figure 4). Moreover, the cell-free circulating DNA/circulating tumor DNA levels are stable for up to 30 days at room temperature or up to 8 days at 37°C (Figure 1 and Figure 5). Whole blood samples can be shipped and stored at room temperature for the subsequent processing of plasma.
Plasma samples produced from the whole blood sample collected into Norgen’s cf-DNA Preservative Tubes and purified using Norgen's Plasma/Serum Cell-Free Circulating DNA Purification Kits or Norgen's Plasma/Serum Circulating DNA Purification Kits (Slurry Format) yield concentrated, high-quality and inhibitor-free cf-DNA/ct-DNA for any downstream application assays, including PCR, qPCR, methylation-sensitive PCR, Southern Blot analysis, microarrays and NGS.